Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I loved the style and flying around in the first game. If they improve the mission design and combat, there's big potential.
    Wow, I love the positive reception we gave this game's announcement. Too bad none of this happened!

There's plenty to like about the game. Traversal is always fun and I like the online integration (which is going away in about 2 weeks.) The combat is still iffy and the missions are overall pretty bad. A good chunk feature some awful form of stealth which is just the worst.

The story is interesting and the world they've built is very imaginative. Tonally it's all over the place with some strange shifts, especially in the sudden and Akira-like ending. Judging by trophy completion no one else got there, but the epilogue is super important and actually wraps up the first game's story in no uncertain terms.

I liked it but I wanted to love it. I can barely recommend it because the missions are GTA3-level and I know most people will be pretty bored by them. Kat is fantastic and her "Ehhhhh?" Is the best.

Some notes: there were enough gems to collect in the first game to make it fun, the sheer, vast number of them in these massive environments is almost demoralizing at first glance.

Stealth in a game like this is a bad, bad idea.

The platforming is janky and the race missions based around platforming on sometimes oddly mapped rooftops or avoiding people are really not fun.

Mining was also not fun for me.

I wasn't crazy about the new gravity styles.

2. Fuck Battle Nurse and Idol Hard Day's Night missions. Otherwise, this is a solid B+ title with some great characters.

(Thanks for being the other guy sending challenges my way, Mzo.)

I couldn't make it past a few hours in this game for pretty much all the negatives Mzo listed. They amplified the first game's problems instead of fixing them.

I'm pretty sure this was their last shot at a franchise.

Goodbye, Gravity Queen.

5. Kat was too pure for this world.
    Boo, Hiss.