Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale (Everything under the sun almost)

1. I need to finish this tomorrow.

This looks relevant to my interests.

3. Beat this and got the true pacifist ending, which reminded me of those long, bittersweet ending cutscenes Square used to make in the early 90s when they still had heart. Made me smile.

That certainly got dark (well, darker...) for a while, though. That fight with Flowey...damn.
    Last edited by No One; 22 Sep 2015 at 02:15 AM.

4. Hey TNL's resident EarthBound fans: you really should give this a try. It plays very differently, but is eerily similar in tone. It never stops being unsettling, even when it's being funny or heartbreaking. It always feels a little off.

Oh, and there's some interesting things going on with player choice. It keeps track of everything you do.

5. Undertale (PC, Mac, TEM)

If someone wants to play this but is hesitant to pull the trigger on ten bucks, I have a free key that you're welcome to. My only condition is that you actually play it. PM me if you're interested - first come, first served.

Edit: claimed!
    Last edited by No One; 22 Sep 2015 at 11:20 PM.

6. As someone who only wants to play mid-budget console games by Japanese companies forever, this western-developed indie game available only on PC is my game of the year in a fantastic year. There will not be another game that comes close until either Yoko Taro or Toby Fox (the person dog who made this one) makes another game.

huh, their names are even kind of close
    Donk

No One was nice enough to give me a key.

It is a pretty charming game. I'm doing a no kill playthrough, even though I wasn't smart enough to get past the first boss without killing it.

It is pretty interesting. I'm enjoying the no kill mechanics. Trying to figure out how to get past baddies without killing them.

8. Glad you've started it! This is a game that rewards multiple playthroughs just like NieR, so don't worry about making mistakes the first time around.

I agree with Finch; this is probably going to end up as my GOTY as well.

alright, beat it.

well...that was something.

Can't decide if I want to reset or try to beat the last boss again and choose other stuff. Probably need to look at a guide and see what is required for other endings.

Looking back at the game, I'm really surprised you guys like it that much and that you haven't played the translated Live a Live.

Its very similar with the varied mechanics and the slice of life story telling