Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale (Everything under the sun almost)

1. Undertale (Everything under the sun almost)

undertale.com

play the demo. it's free: http://undertale.com/demo.htm

It's strange and beautiful and when you think "these are the rules of the game" it turns those rules 15 degrees and you learn that it can do that any time it wants. No game that tries to be wacky or weird or tries to blend jrpg with some other genre comes close to what UnderTale actually does effortlessly. I think it's only 6 hours long, but there are so many little secrets and bizarre things, probably several endings depending on how you act. The demo had a bunch.

SUPER SPOILERS: you can save Toriel if you're good or you can also trigger a super evil ending that changes the instruction booklet that came with the game

if you wait where you're told to wait at the beginning, Toriel will call you every 5 minutes

for a while
    Donk

2. All of you are terrible

3. Yes
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I'm downloading this and trying it tomorrow after several beverages. The impressions I post will be enhanced!

5. hoivs

Thank you for making this thread. I am going to grind for money until I can send the TEM SHOP owner to coleg

6. I have no idea what this game is supposed to be after that trailer.

It looks like Wario Ware?

7. The battle system is a bullet hell by way of Wario Ware thing, yeah. Super clever.

The presentation and general tone have more in common with EarthBound, though. The writing is incredible.
    Last edited by No One; 17 Sep 2015 at 02:17 AM.

8. "Kind of like Earthbound except with Wario Ware battles" is the closest thing you can get to comparing it to something else.
    Donk

9. Oh! Is that what this is? How nice of them to make that game I asked for.