Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale (Everything under the sun almost)

1. There's a lot to pick up on second play, so maybe you should.

I don't know, if you didn't like it that much maybe you won't. Did you try to play it without killing anyone? You didn't like how the rules changed ever so slightly? The music that framed everything so perfectly?

[edit]
    I guess you did go for a no-kill run. There are about 3 fights (if i'm remembering correctly) where you have to pay close attention or be persistent. The middle path where you kill a few things along the way is the easiest. Killing everything or killing absolutely nothing is a lot tougher and the mood changes dramatically.
    Last edited by Finch; 26 Sep 2015 at 02:25 AM.
    Donk

2. :P And i haven't played Live A Live because i haven't gotten around to it, not because i don't want to play it.
    Donk

3. Austin Walker posted a good review on the site i hate because everyone takes it as word: http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/und...view/1900-715/

He made a good point by saying you don't have to go into everything but there's a lot for a 6 hour game, and i like that you can keep digging, play several times over if you want.
    I'd say if you like the game enough don't look up actual spoilers. There are 3 things you need to do for the true ending 1) Don't kill anything 2) Go on a date with Papyrus 3) Go back to Undyne's house, the one a screen over from a ghost's house.
    Donk

4. Who is everyone? Giant bomb sucks.

5. Yeah but you hate everything.

6. Hold on, he's not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I'm okay with that Austin guy.

He likes to get way too artsy about shit. And i'm okay with that.

8. Undertale (PC, Mac, TEMbOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Can't decide if I want to reset or try to beat the last boss again and choose other stuff.
    It'll know if you do either one of those things, and will adjust your experience accordingly. More than anything else, the game's knack for surprising you with clever bits of design and little programming tricks is what sets it apart. Well, that and TEM SHOP!!

Finchie already covered this, but try a run where you show mercy to every single creature you encounter (Toriel, too), or be a monster and kill everything and everyone in the game.

Edit: Live A Live is wonderful. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite 16-bit Square game.
    Last edited by No One; 28 Sep 2015 at 06:01 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I'm okay with that Austin guy.

He likes to get way too artsy about shit. And i'm okay with that.
    Pretty much this.

And he's a better writer than a lot of those other guys, and doesn't pretend he knows shit he doesn't (unlike, basically everyone else on GB).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. i like Austin Walker but i liked him before he was hired by GB
    Donk