Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation VR

Since we somehow don't have a Drive Club thread, I guess impressive reports of its VR performance fit here.

2. I think a lot of those dumb threads that will never see more than a few posts would fit here.

But then you can never find that information again. These threads should really be for hardware or UI discussions and not games at all. I just don't care enough about Drive Club to give it a thread. If my mod powers weren't stolen with no warning or explanation, I'd sift through the PS4 thread and build a real Drive Club thread, but otherwise, that ship has sailed.

4. I'm just being a jerk.

I know, but I wanted to explain the logic to the clouds anyway.

6. They'll be lost either way. Search is busted.

7. Because what the mainstream audience wants more than paying $400 to play the same types of games they've been playing for 8 years, only prettier, it's paying another $400-500 on top of that for what amounts to the old-timey movies of watching a train drive towards a camera and think it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. But the PS4 is selling well, despite all this supposed creative stagnation (lol). And who actually expects VR to be an immediate smartphone-level success?

Anybody paying attention knows that this is early days and adoption is expected to be slow. Enough to support the creation of hardware and software, but slow.

9. Bundle the headset with the system at $400 and they might have something, but they're going to have to take a bath on the hardware costs for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Bundle the headset with the system at $400 and they might have something, but they're going to have to take a bath on the hardware costs for a bit.
    I don't see how they hope to do that, when Oculus is already saying the Rift will be priced like a console all on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    despite all this supposed creative stagnation (lol).
    The must-gets of this year are more Call of Duties, more Witchers, more Assassin's Creeds...and even all that is 'better on PC(tm)' so 'supposed'...sure, whatever.

Also, PS4's runaway success is based on what, exactly? Ignoring that mobile exists? Pretending that last gen never happened? It's doing better than One or Wii U, but that's hardly a high bar to get over.
    Last edited by Hero; 28 Oct 2015 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.