Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation VR

1. Nobody's going to buy in to this thing in the beginning unless it's basically given away, IMO. Playing at a friends' house is going to have 1000x the impact of seeing a commercial about it.

Getting a console to 'own' the concept of Home VR would be a big boon, but it ain't gonna be this generation.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 28 Oct 2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

If this generation outlives its usefulness to the extent the last one did, I think there's plenty of time for VR to catch on. The open question for me is still if the PS4 is powerful enough to actually do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    The must-gets of this year are more Call of Duties, more Witchers, more Assassin's Creeds...and even all that is 'better on PC(tm)' so 'supposed'...sure, whatever.
    More Witchers? Seriously? It's the third game over an eight year period, and the developer puts more effort into each game than most do in three of their games. You also left out Bloodborne, which has a similar level of care, though admittedly that extended series is starting to come out pretty often.

Also, PS4's runaway success is based on what, exactly? Ignoring that mobile exists? Pretending that last gen never happened? It's doing better than One or Wii U, but that's hardly a high bar to get over.
    The PS4 and One are badly outselling both the 360 and PS3 at the equivalent time in that generation. Why is a completely different question.

4. I'm not sure power is the issue so much as 'making compelling content'. I bet we do get some gems out of it, there are tons of developers throwing stuff against the wall trying to do anything interesting. The basic issue of 'why does this specific game need a headset instead of a screen' seems to be a tough one to address.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I see most of the wall throwing happening on PC though. Why pay console licensing fees if you're being experimental and might flop? I also suspect the adoption rate will be far higher on PC if you do get something to stick. Granted, you won't have Sony marketing for you, but that's likely for more "safe" projects.

If Sony wants to sell a bajillion units, they just need to get EA to make Madden VR. The NFL is using the tech already. It apparently helped Brandon Weeden check down on every drop back for three and a half games.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Oct 2015 at 04:01 PM.

6. Brandon Weeden is an inspiration to inappropriately old guys still skulking around college campuses. I'll buy any product he's involved with.

Remember your comment re: Cassel and how you could have gone 8-8 in 2008? Imagine how low the bar to VR success is if Weeden found in invaluable.

8. vr is awesome though

9. As usual I don't know what Hero is on about. PS4 is one of the best selling consoles ever.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If Sony wants to sell a bajillion units, they just need to get EA to make Madden VR. The NFL is using the tech already. It apparently helped Brandon Weeden check down on every drop back for three and a half games.
    Flashes of ESPN NFL 2K5's first person mode........ okay I am fine now.