Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation VR

1. Fuck RezVR.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I have a Move controller + wand but I don't have the PS4 camera so I haven't tested it on the PS4. I wonder if they ever updated the firmware to make Move something besides garbage.

I'll wait and see on this.
    moves always worked great for me, and i forget what game i used move on on PS4 but it worked fine.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Not super-thrilled at needing to get a PS4 camera separately, but at least Move controllers are dirt cheap.

-edit- $44 on Amazon for the PS4 camera. Not bad. Not great, but just this side of acceptable.
    Last edited by James; 16 Mar 2016 at 02:45 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    moves always worked great for me, and i forget what game i used move on on PS4 but it worked fine.
    A lot of the Move units worked just fine. A lot of them didn't. It seemed to be a firmware issue with the Move itself, and people testing different Moves on the same PS3 yielded different results. Sometimes you could fix it by disabling one of features through the PS3 system menu but that didn't always work for everyone and sometimes made it worse and caused it to drift even faster. As one of the people with a unit that could only stay centered for seconds at a time (playing Killzone 3 meant I would eventually be aiming at almost a 45 degree angle to try and shoot straight) I would need to know there's a fix before I'd drop $399 US dollars on something that's paired up with it.

5. Picked up a used Move controller that came with the gun attachment plus charger station for $11 today. The gun attachment wasn't necessary or even likely to ever be used, but it feels surprisingly solid and was free with the controller so why not? I'll never use it but I kind of like that I have one.

Check out the Move light gun games on PS3 if that sounds interesting to you. There aren't many, but they are pretty great. Time Crisis Razing Storm with a Sharpshooter is one of my favorite experiences of last gen.

7. Is it the goofy looking red/white handgun? I hate how it looks, but it's the most comfortable shell I've used with the move, and I've tried a bunch. Get you the HotD games and you'll learn to appreciate the Move. Even marginal stuff like The Shoot (which should yld be fairly close to free at your local gamestop) is pretty enjoyable.

Seriously, the Move was awesome for the 5 games that supported it.

9. There are so many light gun shooters that I never bothered with the other gimmick games.

The only game I put a lot of time into that wasn't a light gun game was Resistance 3, which was a decent game made kinda awesome with a sharpshooter. I played a little Heavy Rain but it didn't really add anything to the experience.