Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1113141516 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation VR

1. So Megaton got delayed till the end of this month, but meanwhile there is a flash sale on the psn store right now for VR games in case anyone is interested. I grabbed dirt rally vr due to the physical copy being so damned scarce around here and half the usual price.

2. I hear Colin McRae is in dirt these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I only played Megaton Rainfall on the screen, no PSVR for me, but feel like everyone liked it better than I did. It's pretty good. Really nice action and with a great variety of aliens to fight against, but the scale works against it. The universe is huge and there's not much out there. Earth is big but you don't want to get within 100 feet of the ground. The planet doesn't rotate so I couldn't visit home and see what it might look like, but it's pretty obvious it would be a rolling hill with a random selection of trees just like the rest of the planet. Focus on the action and Megaton Rainfall is a really nice spectacle, but the closer you look the more it falls apart.

Any word on how this plays in VR? I'm hoping to try it again on PC in the Rift.

4. I hate to be a double-dipping asshole, especially for games that are a major time sink. But Skyrim VR is really, really tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. I grabbed it. Wasn't going to until i found it used but then they put Wolfenstein on sale and I had to get rid of it before trade value dropped.

I'm glad I did so far. I'm playing on easy because fuck trying to figure out how to walk around in this world without also dying all the time. Some things are a bit weird. The Move wands don't recognize unless you set the game from the front menu to play with them. I nearly freaked out when I started trying to use them and they weren't working.

Movement is taking some getting used to. I might just switch back to the dualshock but there is certainly some fun to be had in waving the move wand and having it swing the sword.

There's also less buttons on the Move wands then the standard control scheme requires, so they mapped crouch and jump to the same button. I haven't found run yet. I'll figure it out.

The menus are all really close to my face, I don't know if there is a hidden option to change where they appear but for the moment I'm looking all over the place to do stuff. Perhaps its related to the menu options outside the game.

I honestly don't know if this game isn't overkill for me on VR though. Most of my VR sessions last half an hour or so. Playing at that rate the full game could take me a while. Still, it's an AAA title in VR. Old sure, but I gotta support that.

6. Welp, that was enough to convince me.

It's a blurry, low-res port of a 6 year-old game that wasn't very pretty in 2011. There's no getting around that. But when you're in the Riverwood tavern, sitting by the fire as the bard sings, then step outside and look at up at the stars before opening your inventory and reviewing potions and gear you'd swear you could reach out and touch--at some point, it hits you that you're experiencing something special. VR has come of age, and it is a glorious thing. Years of promises have finally been delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. Yea I wish it was out on PC, day one for me. We're getting Fallout 4 VR but I don't like FO4 that much.

8. VR can't really come of age until next generation, the resolution still hurts.

9. I don't really think about the resolution when the rest of the experience is sufficiently immersive. It's one of those things that's there when I'm looking for it, but disappears when I'm lost in a great game.

10. Andrew do you have a ProS4 or a PreS4? I have the Pre and was going to mention the graphics but i've seen people mention how pretty the game is online, so i assume they have the Pro. As such this was the first game where I could see the need to have a Pro if that was true.