Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212141516

Thread: PlayStation VR

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't really think about the resolution when the rest of the experience is sufficiently immersive. It's one of those things that's there when I'm looking for it, but disappears when I'm lost in a great game.
    This. They did a satisfactory job of putting me in Tamriel. That's all I could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Andrew do you have a ProS4 or a PreS4? I have the Pre and was going to mention the graphics but i've seen people mention how pretty the game is online, so i assume they have the Pro. As such this was the first game where I could see the need to have a Pro if that was true.
    I've got the OG model, as well. Not sure if an upgrade would be worth it for the cost. That's the trouble with VR--most of the images you find are of the feed that goes to the TV, and that isn't exactly what you see in the headset. Lots of individual impressions out there, but it's hard to tell if it's worth the plunge.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. I'd like to poke around in Skyrim VR but 1) Rift and 2) I doubt I'd play for more than an hour or two. Assuming it comes out on PC (I haven't checked but have a hard time believing it won't) it makes it hard to justify the purchase price.

3. I'm happy I'm playing on easy but I might have to move it up to something closer to normal soon as all I have to do is poke a wolf with a sword and it dies. Which...is kinda how swords work in real life but strangely weird in the game.

I'm also starting to notice the issues people have been describing when it comes to using the Move controllers instead of whatever you use on the PC. Not horrible but its there.

4. I just can't imagine playing a game that long and involved in VR. I absolutely love VR, but it's demanding in a way that normal games aren't, and I seldom find myself wanting to spend more than an hour or so doing it before taking a rest. That makes it hard to get through games that are more than maybe 10 hours or so. I kind of feel like 5 or 6 hours is the perfect length for a VR game (Lone Echo did it perfectly).

5. So, I hear you. But the main storyline for Skyrim wasn't exactly long. It was all the secondary quests that made the game 120 hours long or whatever. Main story was something like 6 hours maybe? I guess I'll see how much of the grinding i'll need to do to "finish" the story. And then after that it will be a game I can revisit to do a quest here or there, maybe raid a dungeon.

By the way the first tomb I had to go raid was super creepy. So much more immersive even though it was low res and slightly fuzzy. And climbing mountains is a whole new thing man. Looking up all the time, i used to just tilt the camera up. Not anymore.