Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Autumn, 2015)

1. I was playing as female characters long before it was fashionable.

Legion is alright. But hk47 set the bar pretty high for robot sidekicks.

2. I missed Legion on my play through. It was the only cheevo I missed, I think.

3. I am playing Yoshi. So far is seems good if not easy. It's similar to YI in that the challenge is finding the stuff in the level, although I think some of the stuff seems to be in spots that don't make sense and therefore seem less fun

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think some of the stuff seems to be in spots that don't make sense and therefore seem less fun
    I completely agree with this.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSV) - I have an overwhelming amount of scary teen angst needing attention on my portables, largely led by SMT games. I started to head toward Persona Q but decided I should play Personas 3 and 4 first. I put my 3DS down and picked up my Vita, and somehow that led to starting this instead. I'm so early that no one had died yet, but I like the island setting as contrast to the more stuffy school.

Ninja Baseball Bat Man (PCB) - I keep coming back to this one. I still haven't gotten anywhere near a 1cc, but that's mostly due to a lack of time. I tend to play one credit while waiting for someone to get ready to go eat or something, which doesn't lend itself to significant progress. It's similar to the reason I haven't made a post in the completion thread for too long.

Transformers: Devastation (PC) - Because what Platinum games need is enhanced challenge, I'm using this game to learn the Steam Controller. It's been somewhat frustrating, but I can see underlying promise that could really make it the ideal controller for 3PS, which is at least a portion of this game. Unfortunately, the melee combat is dinged somewhat by the tiny face buttons on the controller.

Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) - This game is undeniably cute, but I'm not sure how enjoyable it will be once that wears off a bit. As Joust said, some of the collectibles are counter-intuitive, which makes the sole source of challenge somewhat annoying. I will say that I like the amiibo functionality, as simple as it is, though my daughter was disappointed that the Pokemon ones aren't specifically supported. They just unlock a generic amiibo Yoshi.

still playing nazi zombi army. Fun, but I'm getting tired of fickle players. A lot of them put it on elite, then quit at their first death.

Played Left4Dead again. Game feels like shit after NZA. Guns lack weight. Zombies don't react as well when shot. I guess that should be expected where you can break bones and blow the balls off of people.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 24 Oct 2015 at 10:40 PM.

7. Hearthstone.

Just played against ComboFiend and beat his ass.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Mass Effect 3!

Even though I just played the majority of this game 3 years ago there's a lot, story wise, I don't remember about it. I don't like how they switched the functions of the triggers. After ~60ish hours of ME2, I'm used to the -2 buttons being used to fire and the -1 buttons used for wheels. Oh well. I just finished the raid on Sanctuary and started to wonder when I get the Prothean. Seemed like I had it sooner when I played on Wii U. That's because I did! Didn't realize it was FRICKIN' DLC!

Anyway, really enjoying my playthrough- especially since all the loyalty missions and little things I did in ME2 carried over, which obviously wasn't possible with the Wii U version. I cashed in some free Sony reward points and grabbed 3 of the 4 DLC. General consensus seems to be that Omega isn't worth it? Chaps my hide that I spent $35 on dlc ($10 of which should have been part of the game from the get go!). But at least it wasn't out of pocket money.

School Of Ragnarok.

Arcade just got this in. SE is distributor, Dimps is developer. It's basically a 1 on 1, 3D movement fighter that feels more like something like Psychic Force than a proper SC/Tekken/&c., just mostly confined to the ground plane. It uses a standard joystick and nine separate buttons for certain functions, but there's only one button for melee range attacks and another for a generic long range fireball. It didn't seem like there were complex joystick and button combinations used for a variety of special moves. I watched an attract sequence and thought it looked clunky and slow. I played a credit and felt it played clunky and slow (won the match over four minutes or so, best of three, game ended after the single victory). I watched a few short promo videos after getting home and it still looked clunky and slow.

You seem to have a fair amount of customization options for your character in terms of abilities and appearance, and you have a choice of a sidekick which determines what weapon and special moves you use. Presumably, the appeal to playing is to have a network card to save your choices and progress, but I strain to see how the base game is good enough to justify that kind of investment.

There's clearly an appreciable amount of effort that went into the game's design in terms of aspects like UI and characters, so that's probably the most perplexing and disappointing aspect to playing it.

10. Joined current gen consoles and picked up a PS4 with Destiny, Bloodborne and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Played a few hours of Assassins first but now I'm hooked on Destiny.