Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Autumn, 2015)

1. Remember Me.
    I want to like this game more than I do. There's a beautifully detailed world, but I'm stuck to a very narrow path. Ledges amd shit abound, but if it doesnt have an indicator above it, I cant interact with it. It's like the worst parts of Assassin's Creed married with the worst parts of Final Fantasy XIII.
    I also dont care for how Nilin controllers. Even though I'm using an analog stick, I can only move like a sloth or a (janky as fuck) race horse.
    It's short and interesting, so I'll finish it. But am underwhelmed.

Remember Me is like taking La Route des Grandes Alpes in a barely-functional Yugo. It's a chore but the scenery makes it worth doing.

3. Gorgeous, nice world building, I'd totally love a sequel, but yeah it's not a very good game.

4. I really liked the presentation of the Xmas fight. Too bad every other boss fight was kinda lame.
    And eff that gunship sequence. That was horrible.

5. I can't stand how to the game continually slams the breaks to tell me obvious things of no immediate consequence. Okay, fine, I unlocked a tenth homogenous use for the triangle button in combat. Don't freeze the game and stop the music in the middle of combat over it like you did the last nine. I'll get there, bro.

6. That post doesn't reflect the usual ARBM standard.

7. "Here's an 8 move combo. However 90% of what you fight will die by the time you get to the sixth component."

8. Going through Halo 5 co-op and starting Black Ops 3.

Playing Yoshi for WiiU. So far I'd rather play this than almost all the other WiiU platformers.

9. Started Gungnir over on Advanced. Basic was surprisingly easy for a Dept. Heaven game's default difficulty level. Advanced is pretty brutal. Either the RNG is lying to me or I have almost impossibly bad luck. Attacks with single dodge rates routinely whiff. I just tried an item modification with an advertised 92% success rate. It failed. Twice in a row. The chance of that happening, if my math is right, is 0.64%.

No amount of probability defying can keep me from loving this game, though.