Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Autumn, 2015)

1. I'm still playing Fallout 3 on the PC. I was hoping that I would finish up the final add-on (The Pitt), but I decided that I wanted to locate every bar of steel. I guess this one will have to sit on the back burner for now, because I'm going to be playing Fallout 4 starting tomorrow.

2. Suikoden II.

Man, this is an improvement over the first one, in just about every way. I don't know what it was about it that didn't click with me the first few times I tried playing it, but I'm glad whatever it was hasn't reared its ugly head this time. Maybe it's because I'm cheating this go around? RPGs are a whole lot more fun when your not left running from town to town trying to figure out what dumb thing you missed so that the next event gets triggered.
    About the only thing that's bugging me is the encounter rate, and not for the usual reason. The exact opposite reason! There's not enough encounters! In trying to farm some of the rare drops, I can run in circles up to 25 seconds before the next fight begins. It took me an hour to get one rune yesterday, and it felt like half that time was spent trying to actually get a fight on. I wish I could magically imbue all jrpgs with Bravely Default's variable encounter rate system!

I'm only a little bit beyond the point when you score the castle, so far my favorite character is the white dog. Great stats and I don't have to waste money on equipment? Awe yeah!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    RPGs are a whole lot more fun when your not left running from town to town trying to figure out what dumb thing you missed so that the next event gets triggered.
    Yeah. I'd love for Xenoblade's big doofy Crazy Taxi arrow to at least be an option in every RPG from now on.

Just a warning if you're trying to get everyone: the game clock is a factor. At least one character is tied to a series of quests only available while your game clock is below a certain threshold. The game never tells you this.

4. You mean Clive?

5. Yep.

6. You can get him, but you don't get to see the fulfillment of his sidequest. Considering I've spent about 10 hours farming drops, there was no way I was going to meet the time constraints.

7. Started playing Gems Of War on the PS4. Just happened to look in the store this morning and saw it was free but had lots of little things to buy. Usually thats a big red flag for me and I'd skip it entirely, but it said Something something match 3 rpg something something, so I gave it a shot. Played for like 3 hours straight, I really enjoy it. I think it said from the makers of Puzzle Quest? Certainly has a similar style, very simple but fun. I can see digging on it for a while.

8. Trails in the Sky SC (PC): That Shining Pom didn't get away THIS time! Forte is necessary to do proper damage against a Shining Pom, unless you want to hit for only 1 and risk having it quit on you. Currently on chapter 5 with 49 hours playtime, getting ready to finish a handful of leftover sidequests before taking off.

COD Black Ops III (PC): Midway through.

9. Fallout 4-1, because I don't have a PS4/Xbone/PC.

10. Night Slashers (AC, Japanese ver.): Horror beat-em-up with zombies, werewolves, vampires, human torches, etc. There's more splatter than Splatterhouse, with pretty much all the enemies going down in a bloody mess and/or melting. The J, d+A move will pound an enemy into the dirt (i.e. Christopher's elbow drop), letting you kick their brains out. Go with the Japanese version if you try it, because the US version is seriously toned down (green blood, removal of the more graphic enemy deaths, and the GO sign doesn't flip over and say "TO HELL!").