Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 578910 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Autumn, 2015)

Played Riddled corpses before that. Cool game.

Doesn't appear to have online co-op. Shame.

2. Started Suikoden III. I had forgotten about the complete lack of camera control and how much it annoyed me. I'd really like to know how "instead of the right analog controlling the camera like it has in every game since inception, let's have it move the character just like the left one" seemed like a fantastic idea to Konami.
    I'm playing it on PS3 for convenience sake (all my game shit is packed up while I slowly renovate my game room), and I'm not sure why but the game looks really, really good to me. The geometry is simplistic, but the textures are all really sharp. The game is super bright and colorful too. It's quite striking, I don't remember it looking this good before. Could be the emulator/ PS monitor combination I guess.

3. Yakuza 5, aka Taxi Cab confessions

and ya'll should be too, one of the best games this year
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

4. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    Yakuza 5, aka Taxi Cab confessions

and ya'll should be too, one of the best games this year
    Or 2012, for that matter. But yeah, Yakuza 5 is next for me after I finish Fallout 4 sometime today. Also playing with TitS SC here and there, and at this pace I'll be doing it well past New Year's.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Started Suikoden III. I had forgotten about the complete lack of camera control and how much it annoyed me. I'd really like to know how "instead of the right analog controlling the camera like it has in every game since inception, let's have it move the character just like the left one" seemed like a fantastic idea to Konami.
    I'm playing it on PS3 for convenience sake (all my game shit is packed up while I slowly renovate my game room), and I'm not sure why but the game looks really, really good to me. The geometry is simplistic, but the textures are all really sharp. The game is super bright and colorful too. It's quite striking, I don't remember it looking this good before. Could be the emulator/ PS monitor combination I guess.
    Suikoden III still has one my favorite opening cinematics ever. I remember wishing the battle system was closer to the first two games but otherwise really enjoying it. Yuber's redesign was great.

6. I've since gotten used to the right stick character control. It is handy for one handed play while my other hand does...other things. like mouse through TNL, what did you think I'd be doing you perv?
    I've said it before and I'm saying it again. I'd love nothing more than if games never progressed graphically nuch further than this. Realistic enough to be pleasing, yet still looks like a "game."

7. Finch and I were talking about that a while back. I think your last point is why we're still so partial to handhelds; that particular aesthetic is alive and well on those platforms.

8. 1. I forgot how ADORABLE Chris is when in plainclothes.
    2. How did little Lilly grow into such a brat?
    3. Every character has the same run animation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	154 
Size:	726.0 KB 
ID:	77982

9. I tried getting into Valiant Hearts but it's so bad that it actually makes me angry to think there are people who like it. The game sometimes stops to cover the screen with what I'd believe were scans from middle school history books if you told me that's what they were. Three pages at a time: one photograph and maybe four paragraphs of drywall-flavored text about WWI on each. And when I say the game "stops," I mean it--even the music and sound effects cut out while you read/skip them. That's some elegant story tellin'!

The game plays like a Flash knockoff of Abe's Odyssey. Every game that uses Ubi Art must, by rule, have momentum-less, aggressively unfun character movement. I can't say for sure what the punishment for breaking this rule is, but it must be severe since none have dared come anywhere close to testing its boundaries.

10. u mad bro?