Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Autumn, 2015)

Hah, my memory must be going downhill. I must be getting those puzzles mixed up with another game.

Well, some items are sparkle magic and some items are just in a drawer you might never click on ever with no indication that they're there.

Miku does stare intently at items and item locations, though. Her little eyes bug out, neck twisted to an uncomfortable angle, sweat beading on her forehead as you walk by them.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. MGS 5, baby...

It's amazing how intricate this game's systems are, and the sheer volume of missions. It still hasn't felt repetitive 36 hours in.

Only con is the story feels a lot more fragmented than previous MGS games... sort of. It's like they're overcompensating for MGS4's onslaught of cutscenes by really making ya work for them here. Which is OK with me, except it doesn't really have the pacing or character intrigue of previous games that made them so gripping.

On the other hand, if you think about the story as "doing" rather than "showing", it's a pretty cool and epic transformation of Snake into Big Boss. I mean, as best I can tell.

4. I just played the new Yoshi game for Wii U and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Both games are terrific. Keep Talking is a very terrific party game.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Played a few minutes of Crysis 2 and dropped it. Does every one of these modern FPS games have the same exact dorky intro or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Played a few minutes of Crysis 2 and dropped it. Does every one of these modern FPS games have the same exact dorky intro or what?
    Pretty much.

7. "oh no, things are exploding! there are too many characters on screen trying to act! press C to crouch!"

8. lol

While I don't like those either, I don't know why people get turned off by that so much.

They don't last very long.

9. Probably because they set the tone for the game, and that tone seems to be 'lol the audience is stupid, let's have them practice basic movement while we pour a bunch of cash into the same cinema again. Hey, new water effects! Get ready to spend the next hour learning how to do a running jump, motherfuckers.'

Done. Next game.

10. I can't remember where I saw it - it might have been Cracked, of all places - but a columnist did a comparison of three or four big budget FPS games that came out that year and all of them opened almost identically. That shit is for mouth breathers.

There are interesting single player experiences out there (S.T.A.L.K.E.R., the Metro games, The Darkness). They're just few and far between.

Edit: I'd actually argue that the first and third S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s are amongst the best PC games ever made. Crazy ambitious, and the first game in particular is one of the most atmospheric and unsettling games I've ever played.
    Last edited by No One; 18 Oct 2015 at 08:17 PM.