Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pagers

1. Pagers

Did anyone here own and use a pager? What did you use it for? And when did you cancel the service?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I had one I high school. I used it for text messages, mostly. Canceled service when I got a cell phone in 2001-ish

3. I never had one personally, but I enjoyed sending short form text messages to friends who had 'em.

It was never clear as to why they had them besides novelty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I got my first cell phone in 2000. When did ya'll get on the net? I first got online in Thanksgiving 1993 when (Pitfall Harry/Zac) downloaded Doom, but my parents didn't get it until 1996.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I had a pager in the late 90s for work. Got my first cell phone in 1999. Have had the same number ever since.
    Sega Saturn and the netlink was my first portal into the net. So 97ish?

6. First internet use was probably Prodigy around 93-94. We switched to a local ISP in 95. School always had it in some form or another, it improved rapidly.

Dad had a car phone around 93, one of those huge Motorola battery pack deals. I got a flip phone in college around 2001-2 to keep track of catering gigs.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 08 Oct 2015 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

CompuServe in 90 or 91 for me. Shit got real with AOL in 92.

8. Pagers

I had a pager. A friend and I had some fuckery going on with an exploit in the local phone system so that we could make free calls on payphones.

I think I got the Internet around 97, but regularly used it at friends houses.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I think jyoung has one to go along with his CD binder.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    CompuServe in 90 or 91 for me. Shit got real with AOL in 92.
    Same here. And a little local BBS nonsense before CompuServe.

Actually I remember using Prodigy for a little while between CompuServe and AOL.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in