Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My War With Firefox

1. tl;dr who won the war?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    tl;dr who won the war?
    My penis.

3. I used firefox until I bought a new PC earlier this year, and at that time I had been running it with FlashBlock enabled for years with no problems.

I wouldn't get too attached to any Firefox plug-ins/add-ons/extensions/whatever. The whole framework is getting an overhaul soon.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I really wonder why flash in firefox is so bloated.

It is striking just how much better firefox runs with it turned off.
    Flash makes a new PC run like a Pentium III.

5. The Question is not "Can it run Crysis" anymore. More like "Can it run Firefox?".

Hopefully the new framework will be far more RAM efficient. I have 24 GB but still find it choking after awhile. When it gets to that point, opening a flash video is the kiss of death, causing it to not respond and need a force-quit. The RAM requirements get ridiculous. Firefox seems to require a Crysis machine to run half decent, and even then it's not perfect.

6. I remember when Firefox was pitched as the lightweight replacement to Mozilla. And then Chrome was pitched as the lightweight alternative to Firefox. Now it's all trash.

7. My War With Firefox

Mark my words, HTML 5 is going to end up as bloated as Flash. The tools to shit it up are gaining ground, there's a lot of gross website potential baked in to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    The Question is not "Can it run Crysis" anymore. More like "Can it run Firefox?".

Hopefully the new framework will be far more RAM efficient. I have 24 GB but still find it choking after awhile. When it gets to that point, opening a flash video is the kiss of death, causing it to not respond and need a force-quit. The RAM requirements get ridiculous. Firefox seems to require a Crysis machine to run half decent, and even then it's not perfect.
    do you have like 900 tabs open, or dozens of old unoptimized extensions?

seriously make it clear your cache and history when you exit, not having to load all that shit helps a great deal

I still use firefox. I am so happy you gave me these tips.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I remember when Firefox was pitched as the lightweight replacement to Mozilla. And then Chrome was pitched as the lightweight alternative to Firefox. Now it's all trash.
    Yep, Firefox has gotten a little chunky. It used to be Ryu, now it's E. Honda.