Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th: The Game

1. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Dolemite and BerringerX just busted 2 nuts.
    Kinda, but let's see how it turns out first. The team behind it (including Hodder and Savini) gives me hope that it'll be good.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I don't feel like this brand new team is going to be able to make something as ambitious as they're talking about for 700k.
    It sounds to me like an awesome idea in a world where people play games the way the developers want them to. Unfortunately we don't live in that world.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It sounds to me like an awesome idea in a world where people play games the way the developers want them to. Unfortunately we don't live in that world.
    Yep, I'd have higher hopes if it wasn't a 1vMany game asymetrical game. That has really only worked with the Left 4 Dead games and they had the additional AI and didn't require you to have live opponents.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Yeah, I mean, what's going to stop all eight players or whatever from just ganging up and bum rushing the guy playing as Jason? Will Jason just be so overpowered that he will be able to easily fight off multiple opponents at once? There's a lot of variables to consider.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Yes, Jason is OP. It's easy to track people when you are him and he won't be able to be taken down in a bum rush. The devs want it to work much like the movies. They've alluded to ways for the counselors to accomplish things that will hurt/slow him and maybe kill him, but the main goal for them is to GTFO, not kill him. In play testing, they've found that people work together until Jason shows up and it's every meat bag for himself. Stuff like fixing a radio to call for help and a boat. The boat holds 2 people so if there are 5 people on the dock and Jason shows up...

6. $456,917 pledged so far towards the $700,000 goal (with 24 days left).

Apparently there's a single-player stretch goal as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-13th-the-game
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 Oct 2015 at 09:49 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. They should make it so the campers are rewarded for risky behavior, like boning in the woods, or getting drunk or going out on the lake by themselves, and make them compete for the most points. Also, they should only be able to arm themselves once they've seen Jason, as they would have no reason to arm themselves before then in the game world.

8. I'm playing the beta of this and holy jump scares batman. This shit is going to be a lot of fun with a team/friends.

9. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

10. That game looks to be coming along well. Not sure I dig the new Savini-designed Jason, however.