Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This has been getting some poor reviews, but it seems like they're being reviewed by people who don't like this kind of game so I can't tell if it's actually good or not. I tend to like Quantic Dream games, at least before the story falls apart at the end.
    It's worth noting that nothing in the entire genre has gotten into the 90s on Metacritic. Even the really good stuff like Life is Strange and Walking Dead Season 1 review in the 80s. Until Dawn had a 79 and has a ton of fans. This has an 80 right now.

So the reviews don't raise any flags for me. I like these sorts of games, but I don't think David Cage is a great writer. But of course he didn't write this game himself, so we'll see if maybe they managed to rein him in.

I liked the demo but not enough to buy this day one. It seemed a lot better than Beyond: Two Souls which has less real interactivity than every other Cage game.

3. Beyond 2 Souls is free on plus this month. This’ll be $20 in a couple months like every Quantic game. I’ll grab it then.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's worth noting that nothing in the entire genre has gotten into the 90s on Metacritic. Even the really good stuff like Life is Strange and Walking Dead Season 1 review in the 80s. Until Dawn had a 79 and has a ton of fans. This has an 80 right now.
    These are all games that are relevant to my interests.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    These are all games that are relevant to my interests.
    Then give this a go. If you Redbox it you can beat it in a few days, at least.

So far I really like this. It seems a lot more restrained than the usual David Cage stuff. It is still lacking in nuance and steeped in blunt-force melodrama, but it's several leagues better than the past QD games I've played.

6. Finished this tonight.

I really liked it. It's Quantic Dream's best game by far, and it doesn't take any leaps or nosedives in the third act. It's maybe the best looking game I've ever played, and unlike most interactive dramas, it offers a ton of choices both big and small that can make scenes play out very differently.

That said, it is still bathed in tropes you've seen a million times, and Cage's hamfisted melodrama, but these are lesser vices for a man who usually undermines his game with plot holes and crazy nonsense. Don't expect it to break any new ground narratively, but there are a ton of great scenes and sequences that I loved playing through.

7. So's this a Grey's Anatomy simulator or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!