Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

Nice graphics but until they show off some scenes that are interactive enough to justify not being a movie, I'm expecting another disappointment like Beyond.

3. Day one, as per usual for Mr. Cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I wish they chose almost literally any other actress. I hated that actress' character on The Following, and she's back with the same terrible hair cut, so all I can see is that character.

5. It looks good, but I'll need to hear that it has some sort of interactivity and third act that makes sense before I get excited.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. So is there a David Cage Cycle? It's like the Sonic Cycle only what you end up with is a piece of shit videogame with a B-tier movie and QTEs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I'm tired of games trying to give narrative through vague, meandering, seemingly weighty prose. It's cheap and obvious, and reeks of a first-year whatever-school project.

All the people in these types of games look exactly the same, too. In fact, I'd say "realistic" people in most games these days look the same...no sense of style or character. A few modeled after actors, and then hundreds of clip art folk. Bleh.

The glowing power buttons placed on the temple like that looks dorky, too. I'm not sure what this game wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I wish they chose almost literally any other actress. I hated that actress' character on The Following, and she's back with the same terrible hair cut, so all I can see is that character.
    Agreed. And I think game makers love short hair since they don't have to animate it.

10. The performance capture is pretty stunning in this trailer. I have to say it's totally bridged the uncanny valley for me.