Page 1 of 86 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite

Project Icarus is to be unveiled at 1:45pm EDT tomorrow. Any prognostications?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 Aug 2010 at 01:54 PM.

2. I predict I'm going to be at work with far too many gaming sites blocked off, including TNL.

James

Today is the anniversary of SShock2's release but I doubt it will be a sequel to that. I'm hoping for something completely new.

Moderators, please rename this thread to Bioshock Infinite.

Here is the synopsis posted on the official site:

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational
    BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.
    Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.
    I was hoping for something more different, but it's hard to argue with their track record. I can see why it was called Icarus.

5. can't you "edit post", "go advanced", and change it your self?

6. Their Track record has suddenly become fairly diluted though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    can't you "edit post", "go advanced", and change it your self?
    I'll be damned. So the "upgrade" did make something better.

8. Sigh.

Hoping for: A better game than System Shock 2
    Expecting: Anything but

Those are HIGH hopes. You're basically asking for Deus Ex or Half-Life. And even those are debatable.

10. I guess. But if anyone has a shot, it'll be the guy who made it in the first place.

I remember reading an interview where Ken Levine talked about how Bioshock was an important stepping stone in getting mainstream types used to the System Shock/Deus Ex style of game. He hinted that they would be looking into incorporating more of those early design decisions into later games. Real inventory management, genuinely divergent gameplay styles, more non-linearity, etc.

I hope he wasn't talking out of his ass.