Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The Homestuck quality of Pokemon Go fans is already irking me out a bit.
    It all feels kind of "Reddit" now.

Haven't tried it yet myself.

2. I keep trying to try Pokemon Go and it keeps failing on me. Just caught a Venonat and it sat there thinking about it for 5 minutes. I'd like a chance to go for a walk and catch some Pokemon on the way but don't see it happening any time soon.

Yeah. The connection issues are tremendously frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Don't mix your Google account with the iOS version of this.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...e46a2?section=

5. There are so many people playing this. Everyone I see walking around is glued to it. It's kind of hilarious. People driving all slow like they're cruising for hookers but they're just looking for a Vaporeon.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It all feels kind of "Reddit" now.

Haven't tried it yet myself.
    yeah, there is a church across from my house that's a gym, and my husband and I were just chilling and doing the whole pokemon thing by ourselves, and this dude in a car kept yelling meme-esque shit from his car from across the street and finally I'm just like, yeah...let's go...this is annoying. It's VERY reddit right now, lots of sperg lords in bad t-shirts and wearing weird flair to walk around in. The first few days were fun, but as soon as it hits peak reddit/4chan range, it becomes weird. I love studying fandoms, and this is great way to do it, but when people get loud and obnoxious it's just an anime con outside and ruins my nightly walks, haha.

I really really really love a lot of aspects of the game, it's fun if you have someone to walk around with and explore things, but every day that I see more and more people play, it gets a little more out of control. Normally I absolutely don't care if people are spergging out about a fandom, but 99% of the time it goes to the real world, it ends up in violence, vandalism, obnoxiousness, and crossing lines. So...yeah....we'll see.

/edit - this is also a very sacramento reaction to have, because people from sacramento cannot react to anything normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

sometimes we get more awesome things when things get popular

but you're mostly right. loud nerds are horrible

8. I think Josh and Sats are just mad because they were tying to catch some Pokemon and the kids were like "Why are you playing this, old person?"

Fortunately, I have my fingerless gloves. Ain't no one gonna call out Ash Ketchum.

How do you do, fellow trainers?

10. Seeing uber tours and Pokemon raising shmucks popping up on Craigs already. Yeah, this got weird fast.