Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

1. Yeah, that's my deal. I mean, honestly - the dude being weird in the car was definitely my age or older. It seems like mostly people in their mid 20s are playing, I don't see a lot of kid kids playing it.

I'm starting an adult Pokemon tour where we all sit in silence and act normal except we're playing a dumb game.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Yeah its odd to have the boys out and not run into anyone remotely their age playing this. Took them to the arboretum last night. Found a Jinx in the Middle of the English garden, no Magikarp near the koi pond though .

3. The same church has a Lure on it at midnight again.

There's also a Baptist Church right next to it with a Lure.

I mean...

I'm gonna have to take a walk and check it out if it happens a third time.

It is probably all adults because don't let kids out anymore.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    yeah, there is a church across from my house that's a gym, and my husband and I were just chilling and doing the whole pokemon thing by ourselves, and this dude in a car kept yelling meme-esque shit from his car from across the street and finally I'm just like, yeah...let's go...this is annoying. It's VERY reddit right now, lots of sperg lords in bad t-shirts and wearing weird flair to walk around in. The first few days were fun, but as soon as it hits peak reddit/4chan range, it becomes weird. I love studying fandoms, and this is great way to do it, but when people get loud and obnoxious it's just an anime con outside and ruins my nightly walks, haha.

I really really really love a lot of aspects of the game, it's fun if you have someone to walk around with and explore things, but every day that I see more and more people play, it gets a little more out of control. Normally I absolutely don't care if people are spergging out about a fandom, but 99% of the time it goes to the real world, it ends up in violence, vandalism, obnoxiousness, and crossing lines. So...yeah....we'll see.

/edit - this is also a very sacramento reaction to have, because people from sacramento cannot react to anything normally.

It's crazy. I was dropping off a friend after trivia in downtown Sacramento and we drove by Sutter's Fort. There was around eight groups of about six people each just sitting around with their phones out... at 11PM on a Sunday.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

Yeah, CSUS was crawllllling with cops tonight. They didn't stop us or anything, but there was less people out playing, and probably about 4 patrol cars plus campus security - all around 11pm - 1am.
    I'd say maybe 49-50 people playing overall, between my house and the library on campus.
    People were generally more tame in attitude though, no weird meme yelling.
    The cosplay has started coming out though, a few girls with cat ears and tails, a kigurumi too.

In the gaming front, I caught a Jolteon with 500+ hp, and a Pidgeot with like 450 on the way back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    sperg lords in bad t-shirts and wearing weird flair to walk around in.
    Guys. I don't think Satsuki is going to like my Pokemon hat.

It's not surprising it's mostly 25 to 30 year olds playing. For them it's like reliving their childhood playground Pokemon battles. Young Kids and geezers like me don't usually have that attachment to the franchise.

Go is an interesting phenomenon. The only thing that pisses me off about it is they had the nerve to not officially launch it in Canada at the same time as the US. We have always been the same market for video games. A push away from this makes me worry a little about an all digital future. I see tons of people playing it here anyway but not all region locking will be so easy to bypass.

9. Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

I feel like mid to late 20s is that Pokemon sweet spot where it was REALLY popular when they were kids. The people I was selling Pokemon cards to at EB, basically.

10. Yeah, the first game came stateside at the end of '98. 30 year olds were in middle school then.