Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

1. Tried this, the AR stuff is cute. Nice seeing your actual map in the game. Unfortunately it wanted me to sign back into Google every time I loaded the game due to my security settings, so... I've uninstalled it forever.

My wife's not having the same problems, so I'm hearing all about it.

I guess it locks up a lot when you catch things? That's unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. The constant logging out is supposed to be fixed in the latest update.
    If you just want to play the game, may as well give it a week or two to stabilize. Or play it now and enjoy it for the social aspect.

3. apparently you can tap your pokeball if it misses to retrieve it and throw again. It doesn't seem to work for me 100% but it's still helpful conserving pokeballs.

4. Apparently you can 'spin' the Pokeball before you throw it, makes it magical or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Oh yeah! You get a curveball bonus if you toss it a certain way - it seems kind of arbitrary like a lot of things in the game, but you get an extra 10XP.

I don't have too much lockup on catches, but i have a ton on healing and reviving characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Holding down your finger on the pokeball tightens the target circle on the pokemon you are trying to catch until it disappears and starts over. Supposedly, the tighter the circle, the more likely you are to catch it. Who knows.

I used to just instantly flick it, and now, thinking back on it, holding it down seems way worse. I used to get a lot more "great" and "excellent" catches... now with holding it down it's only "nice" every so often. So I think those might be time based. The xp bonus on the better throws are pretty significant compared to "curveball" or "nice" and the size of the target doesn't seem to change the catch-factor significantly in my limited testing.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Great and excellent are based on the size of the circle and whether you hit it or not.

Conserving pokeballs seems odd. I have, like, 300 and I'm a terrible shot. Regularly throwing 10 per battle. I haven't been able to pick any up from the stops for days because my bag is always full.

8. I started the day with 100 and I have 25 now. My office is a pokestop so I've been slowly collecting throughout the day. Lost a lot of balls while trying to figure out how to catch Zubats.

My theory with the ring is that you're supposed to land the ball inside the ring. If the ring is smaller, you'll get a larger bonus. I seem to just get bonuses at random, though.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 12 Jul 2016 at 08:23 PM.

Best way to catch Zubats is to turn off AR.

10. I've turned AR off everything, that seems to be the worst battery life killer for me (though it seems like it doesn't make a difference for some?)
    Lots more people on campus playing tonight, tons of older people too (like, 40-50 somethings playing and walking their dogs.)

The ball definitely needs to be thrown inside the ring, though it will land sometimes when you go outside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread