Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 818202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

Went out for about 2 hours tonight. Lots of lures all over the place, mostly in bars.

The google account fuckery was fixed yesterday, and the rest is some tinfoil.

3. Unfortunately for this game, the possible coding snafus and conspiracy theories are probably the most interesting things about it.

It is a very bad game. Like, clearly and objectively.

Please elaborate on how I am having fun the wrong way.

5. I'm not saying people aren't having fun, and if they are, great. My girlfriend and I went out for an evening stroll and probably came across 80-90 others playing while she collected. But it's a pay-to-win grindfest with no strategy or interesting decisions and prototype-grade everything.

It doesn't have to a good game for people to have fun with it, as evidenced by that fact that it isn't, and for now, they are.

6. There's nothing pay-to-win about it so far. The closest you've got would be buying xp boost eggs to accelerate progress, but you can also sit on a pokestop and get them for free.

7. All right, fair enough. It looked like there wasn't any way to advance your guys competitively without buying boost items, and the only battles are gym battles (where people either spending money or making a career of the game dominate). I'd still argue there's nothing interesting about it, except the novelty of seeing a pokemon appear on your camera.

8. The interesting part for me was the collection part. The gym battling is pretty terrible. There is no strategy to hold a gym.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. The gym stuff is pretty bad, i agree. It's frustrating too, like I was trying to hold the CSUS library down last night but it would kick me out as soon as I started to battle. The lag is a killer too, makes it very difficult.

It SEEMS to me, the most fun and lucrative aspects if you're a casual gamer (and not just camping between 3 lures and grinding levels) is walking around as much as possibly between a large number of landmarks. That seems to yield the best results as far as types of pokemon, even higher levels and rare ones. There are some tricks you can do, like stacking XP eggs and evolving pokemon on top of placing a lure in a specific spot so you can maximize gainz. But I agree, the grinding aspect that gyms cater to is not my bag, but some people love that stuff.

I guess there's some pay-to-play aspects, you can feasibly run out of pokeballs pretty easily. if you're gym grinding, there is no way you're going to get by without buying potions at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread