Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 213133343536 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

Can I go to Chux's town and destroy it again? That's really all I want.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Can I go to Chux's town and destroy it again? That's really all I want.
    That's the whole point of playing animal crossing
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I’ve only played a bit so far, it’s really just a scaled down Animal Crossing. The only problem I have so far is that it obviously has the same guts as FEH and MARIO Run, so it still has randomly timed big downloads, clunky menus, etc. all the pay to play stuff so far is just tickets to make furniture crafting etc. faster.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. I wonder if there are elaborate safeguards to prevent time traveling now.

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I'd just prefer to play it on tv. I also don't like smearing my finger all over things to play games. I'm old.
    Mirror your screen to the TV bro bro. You can score a used 3rd gen apple TV on the cheap and make this happen

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I wonder if there are elaborate safeguards to prevent time traveling now.

If money is involved then time traveling is not. Y'all some cheaters anyway.

6. Sure, I'll play some stupid Animal Crossing on my telephone. Looks pretty good, honestly.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. I've never really gotten into an Animal Crossing game, but this format seems ideal. It's the kind of game I want to poke at for a few minutes at a time, not settle into on the couch.

...and the trap is set.

*evil cackling*

9. Pocket Camp is an Animal Crossing game in the same way a zombie is a human. If Animal Crossing to you is about talking to the animals, silly dialogue, and living in the world whilst slowly accumulating furniture; this is not your Animal Crossing. If Animal Crossing to you is about grinding to get the specific furniture you want, this is for you.

All animals have checklists above their head with what they want, before you even speak to them. There's no delivery tasks it's all give animal A fruit A, B & C and you will get material B, then with material B you can craft furniture A or furniture B. You know how much the animal likes by the heart about its head with a number representing the friendship level, i don't think you'll ever see an animal pissed off or sad. No cruising around picking up fruit and chatting, doing random tasks for random rewards, checking out Nooks for random shit. No buffer dialogue between errands, it's all checklist, checklist, checklist, all errands exhausted for the day, goodbye. I'm sure people will see these "quality of life" improvements as a blessing, but it rips the charm from a game which runs on charm.

This IS Animal Crossing FOR smartphones, the actual game is commodified, it's a giant hamster wheel attached to a spreadsheet. The game looks great for an Animal Crossing thanks to it not being displayed using AssxAss resolution.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 26 Oct 2017 at 08:42 PM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. ...now I'm sad.

Also, why did Nintendo release this early in Australia?