Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Sucks: The Thread

1. As someone from ESPN said, "We're no longer on the pop culture business."

They're in the news creation and agenda furthering business. That hasn't always been the case. It's hard to pinpoint when it started. The latter might have been when Disney bought them, as that seems to be a common theme in Disney's acquisitions.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    30 for 30 is fantastic though

but then they fired the guy who fought for it because reasons
    I'm not sure it's fantastic anymore. Look at the horseshit Kevin Johnson documentary they produced.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    They're in the news creation and agenda furthering business.
    Disagree on the latter (obviously we have different takes, haha!), but the former is more insidious. They don't give a shit about good news or coverage. Just coverage.

You can debate the validity of their agenda(s), but I am not sure how you can deny that they have one (or more).

6. I present exhibit A:

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You can debate the validity of their agenda(s), but I am not sure how you can deny that they have one (or more).
    I don't really look at it as "agendas" (which is talking point speak for "opinions that are different than my own") but fair point.

They shouldn't have non-sports opinions at all, or at least we shouldn't know what they are. That's exactly the point.

9. ESPN started sucking as soon their programming started becoming less about showing highlights and more about showing idiots talking nonsense and arguing with each other.

10. Without looking, I'm going to guess the idiots talking nonsense and arguing brought more viewers.
    :/