Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Sucks: The Thread

ESPN's never ending quest to optimize their political correctness will help to completely ruin their Sunday Night Baseball booth this season. Trading actually entertaining John Kruk for Aaron Boone is bad, but not as bad as making a person who has never played baseball or any professional sport a color analyst for Major League Baseball games a permanent "addition."

I'll bet we could find a black lesbian who played college soccer to replace John Gruden on MNF next, since non-demographic qualifications no longer matter.

Hopefully the Mets are never on SNB.

2. I suspect the Mets will be on a lot this year. NY + a good team

I agree, and that sucks balls, unless it's against the Nationals, since I'd get blacked out for those games otherwise...

4. ESPN Sucks: The Thread

Do we need an ex player as a color analyst? Joe Morgan is one of the best players ever and he was functionally retarded in the booth.

I'd rather have Joe Morgan than Jessica Mendoza, unless they're going to zoom in on her legs between innings, but I'd prefer an ex-player who is a better analyst over either.

6. I find it impossible to believe anyone who heard Joe Morgan work a game would believe that.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear her.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Do we need an ex player as a color analyst? Joe Morgan is one of the best players ever and he was functionally retarded in the booth.
    I think you need a smart player or a coach who has seen it all. I look at Collinsworth, Madden, they are some of the best

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I find it impossible to believe anyone who heard Joe Morgan work a game would believe that.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear her.
    You didn't already? She worked the second half or so of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think you need a smart player or a coach who has seen it all. I look at Collinsworth, Madden, they are some of the best
    Exactly. In theory there should be no better baseball gig than SNB, because it's national, and you don't have to work with Joe Buck.

10. I usually mute the TV and play guitar or something.