Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Sucks: The Thread

ESPN Sucks: The Thread

I think it's pretty safe to say that ESPN has fired more talent than it currently has, but the latest example is the shutting down of Grantland. Don't limit this thread to just that though. ESPN's suckage knows no bounds!

edit: I suspect this might be a symptom of Disney Sucks: The Larger Thread, but that's for another day and sub-forum.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Oct 2015 at 02:44 PM.

2. Reading "Those Guys Have All The Fun" made me really dislike the company.

3. They're too liberal for my tastes. Besides the Redskins name issue, what did it for me was them giving Brucelyn Jenner the Arthur Ashe Courage Award when Lauren Hill was much more deserving. Girl was facing CERTAIN DEATH. Jenner was just dealing with an identity crisis.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 30 Oct 2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Not Fugees.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. they had a pretty sweet pac12 game on last night though

5. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    They're too liberal for my tastes. Besides the Redskins name issue, what did it for me was them giving Brucelyn Jenner the Arthur Ashe Courage Award when Lauren Hill was much more deserving. Girl was facing CERTAIN DEATH. Jenner was just dealing with an identity crisis.
    I did not know you had those opinions. Not snark, just... didn't know.

6. Imo, facing certain death and saying, "Fuck it! I'm going to live my life!" is way more courageous than what Jenner went through. Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting the difficulty of what Jenner went through, but facing death is way more serious than wondering "What will people think of me?" I don't give two shits if someone identifies as a man or a woman. I don't judge people like that.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

7. I'm not sure Grantland actually fired Barnwell, Lowe, Goldsberry, Mays, Baker, etc. At least I hope they didn't. Well, if they did, all of them should be snapped up pretty quickly.

I always find it funny that Barnwell wrote for IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    They're too liberal for my tastes. Besides the Redskins name issue, what did it for me was them giving Brucelyn Jenner the Arthur Ashe Courage Award when Lauren Hill was much more deserving. Girl was facing CERTAIN DEATH. Jenner was just dealing with an identity crisis.
    1. Everything Dan Snyder has tried to do to convince people that name is not racist has been a hilarious joke, because the Redskins name actually is racist as fuck. Just own it bro.
    2. Arthur Ashe award was a publicity stunt. The award is literally meaningless. Kardashian PR team arranged all of it.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 30 Oct 2015 at 06:24 PM.

8. ESPN has always been useless, are you guys new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. The only thing ESPN has ever been a part of that's worth a damn:

Attached Images Attached Images

10. 30 for 30 is fantastic though

but then they fired the guy who fought for it because reasons