Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: November 2015

1. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    That MOTU minicomic book is a nice surprise, very cool.

Barnes & Noble is having their annual 50% off Criterion sale where their prices go from hilarious to beating Amazon by $3-6. I got Repulsion, House, Five Easy Pieces and Haneke's Code Unknown. I didn't even know the last two had Criterion releases. Code Unknown especially is a huge surprise.

Last year I bought from the B&N sale online, and most of the movies came smashed and used. Had to do a bunch of returns. I'd suggest going into a store if you buy from them.
    Thanks for the heads up. Over the last couple years, my B&N went from having a massive movie section to having a small display of maybe eight movies near the register. Luckily, the one Criterion I wanted from the sale was among the eight (Mulholland Dr).

How's this for diversity over the last few days?

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
    Strania - The Stella Machine - (PC)
    Falco amiibo

3. Took advantage of Gamestop's B2GO offer for Power Up members and got the Rare Replay, Sunset Overdrive, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

4. I picked up Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and HuniePop today on Steam. There are about a billion other games I'd like to grab that are on sale, but I'll have to see how I'm doing on funds in a week.

Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying HuniePop and spontaneously picking it up was 100% due to this tweet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    I picked up Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and HuniePop today on Steam. There are about a billion other games I'd like to grab that are on sale, but I'll have to see how I'm doing on funds in a week.

Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying HuniePop and spontaneously picking it up was 100% due to this tweet.
    Because he's an ass to a "games journalist" trying to cover the game? Sounds good.

I don't agree with everything Kotaku does, but a good amount of the pieces they run that aren't reviews are good reads.

Edit: My Black Friday damage so far is Dragon Quest V from S-E Store. $12.99 was a magical price. I have IV/VI/IX/Rocket Slime and missed out of V when it first came out.
    Last edited by Chux; 26 Nov 2015 at 08:48 AM.

6. Snagged a ton of stuff from the Square-Enix sale too. Read nothing but complaints about their web store so we'll see how this pans out.

Missed Snoopy 3DS on Amazons BF deals.

V is so good Chux. The writers totally hate the main character in that one.

8. I was shocked at the "htf r@rez" stuff in the store. Ordered a bunch of psp, ds, ps2, and ps1 stuff.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Snagged a ton of stuff from the Square-Enix sale too. Read nothing but complaints about their web store so we'll see how this pans out.
    They dropped their old store management company when Bandai Namco did. Here's hoping this one is a little better.

10. Forza 6 from the MS store for $35 plus they threw in a free $10 gift card, tempted to get Rare Replay $15, MK $25(free $10 gc)

Gift card to be sent as code before December 14