Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

1. The Pacers also pushed the Bulls to 7 games in 1998! I made my wife (girlfriend then) watch that whole game at her house. Lol, fucking Pacers losing ruined the evening for me.

Yankees losing the '81 series made me hate the Dodgers. I remember breaking the news to my dad, who was in the bathroom. Lol, I think it was the only shit he ever gave about the Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Probably a PM question, but what was being a Yankees fan in the 80s like?
    Frustrating! Some of my favorite players of all time, including my favorite of the era, Don Mattingly, played on those teams. They never won a championship. It was also frustrating living in Florida and never getting to go to their spring training camp. God damn, I would have killed for a chance to go once. I literally lived like, 30 minutes from it. I also remember acquiring the entire 1987 team in Topps baseball cards - I bought a shit ton of packs - only to have my mom leave it with a friend when we moved to PR. That kind of sums up the decade for me.
    Last edited by Melf; 07 Nov 2015 at 08:58 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    the 85 Patriots were the best team they ever had to that point ;p
    I recently read a great article about that team. Very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Considering I've been a Yankee fan since 1979, a Pats fan since 1985, and a Pacers fan since 1994, that's some damn fine weather.
    So it is fair weather; it's just not concurrent fair weather like LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Probably a PM question, but what was being a Yankees fan in the 80s like?
    Hopefully like being a 2016-2087 Yankees fan.

5. I always respected Mattingly but yea he was on some garbage dump teams.

Yeah, Mattingly may literally be the underrated Yankee.

7. Krispy Bazinga putting in work on the Knicks.

8. Dirk showed that he still has it, with a 31 point performance tonight against the Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400828005

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So it is fair weather; it's just not concurrent fair weather like LeBron.
    What do you define as "fair weather?" I was six in 1979. Did you expect me to come out of the womb wearing a jersey or something?

When you start rooting for a team when they're already doing well, that's fair weather. I get that six-year olds don't make objective decisions often. I can also relate to your situation of not being geographically capable of rooting for a home team. When I was 3-10, I was in TN and SC where they was not a major league team within something like 5 hours at the time.