Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: new Star Trek tv series

1. Waaaaay too many "me-too" streaming channels out there.

2. Yes. Even if they used Hulu it'd be better. These things only work as large repositories of content.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Nov 2015 at 09:02 PM.

3. Anyone know about Star Trek Renegades? Fan-funded Trek... I think they submitted their pilot to CBS for pickup as possible series. Sounds like it has nothing to do with this, but from what I understand, CBS is allowing Renegades to go on without interference. Of course, they Kickstarted the pilot and are now raising money for eps 2 and 3. I've heard good things about the pilot (as far as low budget Trek goes). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Renegades https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...isodes-2-and-3

4. I saw it, it's pretty meh but it's also pretty obvious all the star trek alums eat that shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Sure, assume that something from one of the fuckwits who produced the new movies is going to be good. I'll stick to being a wet blanket thanks.
    Both of those movies were pretty good.

6. Yeah I don't hate the new movies. Sabotage in the first one got me on board.

I'd watch New Trek Thing.

Fan Fiction Kickstarter Trek can kick rocks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I'm really happy it's being made for streaming rather than broadcast; without the need to maximize ratings/box office maybe Trek can be Trek again. That said, yeah, it's really dumb that they're trying to start their own stupid streaming mini-service rather than just selling it to Hulu or Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. It's CBS so it's going to be all Matlock and Diagnosis Murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. That's the worst part, it's CBS, why would you ever want to pay $6 a month for their content? All the CSI and Big Bang Theory you can watch?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Community is finally dead after years on life support, while Nerd Minstrel Show is the number one comedy on TV with no end in sight.

*hands out fake goatees*

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids