Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: new Star Trek tv series

1. galaxyquest: the tv series?

I'm down

2. That's what annoys me about this. It's absolutely Galaxy Quest the show. And I would rather it actually BE Galaxy Quest the show. What the hell is Tim Allen doing these days anyway.

3. His popular ABC show just got canceled.

It will either be awesome and only last six episodes or suck and last five seasons.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    What the hell is Tim Allen doing these days anyway.
    going on long hate-fuelled rants against Obama wasting production time on his now-cancelled sitcom, according to the stories I've heard

6. New trailer is out. Production values look decent enough, but I find it hard to get excited about a new series that doesn't move the universe forward at all. I hate that Voyager is still basically the end of the Star Trek timeline.

7. Yeah, I give no shits about this series. Do something ballsy like jumping another hundred years forward like TNG did or just left the franchise die.

8. I'm legit more excited for the Seth McFarlane Star Trek parody show than for the actual new Trek show. (And even if I thought it looked amazing, I'd stick to the plan of bingeing it during a free trial once the season wraps up and then canceling before the trial ends, because a la carte streaming services can fuck right off. Hopefully enough people go that route to show them there's an audience, just not one willing to support CBS-AA, thus leading them to enact what is already clearly Plan B: sell it to Netflix. [I say that because that's how the rest of the world is getting the show, since they aren't taking CBS-AA international.])

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. seth mcfarlane show started last night, wasn't terrible but also wasn't all that great... will need to give it 3-6 episodes to see if it finds its footing provided fox doesn't cancel it by then

10. I know most of it was basically TNG-lite, but it felt very thought out for a spoof show.