Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: new Star Trek tv series

1. TNG's nuts didn't drop until Tasha Yar got killed, then it had actual stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I'm kinda mixed about The Orville - it's like the show has an identity crisis and it's not sure what it wants to be. IDK.

3. It wants to bask in the shadow of TNG with more jokey dialogue.

4. I stopped watching it. The not funny humor killed it for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    TNG's nuts didn't drop until Tasha Yar got killed, then it had actual stakes.
    I've always loved that she was just casually killed off out of nowhere, as opposed to the usual dying while saving the ship or the universe or whatever.

6. Yeah, getting red-shirted by a tar monster was a pretty inglorious demise.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I stopped watching it. The not funny humor killed it for me.
    I liked a lot of the jokes and pranks using advanced technological concepts. I feel that’s actually what people would do with that stuff. More humanist.

8. Too bad a lot of the jokes and pranks used low brow family guy level cliches.

That's why I haven't seen a single episode. That guy stopped being funny for me right around the third season of Family Guy. I feel like I'd just rage the whole episode.

10. I've never been so in love with a show just to turn around and completely hate it as I was with Family Guy. It was one of my favorites when it got cancelled. Couldn't stand it when it was brought back.
    Heroes comes in for a close second.