Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: new Star Trek tv series

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Bazaonger!

Also I've decided to steal and check out The Orville. The reviews have been all weirdly positive yet skeptically so. "This show can't ge good, can it?" Must be really good.
    it's a weird hybrid of tos and tng with mcfarlane brand dick jokes and akward humour

it works for the first thing alone, the latter thing drags it down a bit but it's fine

e: episode 4 of the orville is basically the episode of tos with the space indians and the obelisk that kirk loses his memories on
    Last edited by cka; 01 Oct 2017 at 07:54 AM.

2. So none of the lights work in Discovery apparently.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    it's a weird hybrid of tos and tng with mcfarlane brand dick jokes and akward humour

it works for the first thing alone, the latter thing drags it down a bit but it's fine

e: episode 4 of the orville is basically the episode of tos with the space indians and the obelisk that kirk loses his memories on
    I'm ok with jokey TNG though. TNG exists and it's not getting topped.

4. Orville is pretty good! Fits in a space between Galaxy Quest and TNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'm ok with jokey TNG though. TNG exists and it's not getting topped.
    That's pretty much what Galaxy Quest did and it did a great job of spoofing TNG.

6. I feel like GQ spoofed the original series myself, but totally wish there had been more of it. Orville is kinda filling that need, but is also just filling a need for TNG.

7. I kinda like this better than GQ so far.

8. Never watched GQ. Watching first ep right now and I love the straight up rip offs of TNG stuff like the holodec but with more modern (less altruistic) twists.

The actual Orville itself isn't a bad looking ship either.

9. Two episodes in, I think it's a better Trek than Star Trek has managed to be since the movie reboot.

10. I dig this show. The fade outs to commercial during reveals, storylines based around moral quandaries, orchestral music during the establishing shots of the Orville, democratic discussion around conference tables -- really fucking throwback in a cathartic way. The humour seems well leashed, I dig the battles more than TNGs, the art direction of the aliens is textured. CG is a bit spotty in some parts though. I even kind of like the ship name too - The Orville.

I wish I could give it legit ratings.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM.