Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: new Star Trek tv series

1. I figure TV CGI is going to be a bit dodgy no matter what. The Star Trek TOS "remasters" are eye bleach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Was Brent Spiner asking too much to do voice over for The Orville so they got an impressionist?

3. I think maybe that would have been a little too much for CBS.

4. How so? They don't own the dude.

5. I'm not saying they would have been able to stop Spiner from signing a contract but they probably could have told Fox that the show was leaning pretty heavily on things Trek established, and if they were to cast Data AS Data then that might just be a bridge too far.

6. I suppose, but it doesn't make sense to me. "You can't have the guy, but you can have a guy that sounds exactly like the guy."
    Seems about as logical as Aflac firing Gilbert Gottfried and then hiring someone that sounds just like Gottfried.

7. I guess the other possible is some lawyer at Fox nixxed the idea of hiring him but had no problem with Jo Blo who oh by the way sounds like him.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I suppose, but it doesn't make sense to me. "You can't have the guy, but you can have a guy that sounds exactly like the guy".
    But "You can't have TNG, but you can have a show that feels almost like TNG." basically describes this show from the top down.

9. I wonder if that's a sort of justification for the out of place and mostly unfunny humor. Like if they made this a straight up sci fi show they could get sued. But since it's "humorous" it falls under parody protection.

10. Riker directed the fifth episode, so I dunno what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!