Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria of the Azure Revolution (PS4)

1. I'm with IP; I'd love to see the PSP sequels get a remaster on console/PC.

Looks like Media.Vision is developing the new installment. Valk 3 was solid, and I've got a soft spot for the Wild Arms games...I'm cautiously optimistic.

2. I think it was meant to be 1930s. I haven't seen anything about the world so I won't judge that, but I'd imagine it might be similar.

Also Sakura Taisen 3 was also set in pre-WW2 Europe, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think it was meant to be 1930s. I haven't seen anything about the world so I won't judge that, but I'd imagine it might be similar.
    It was a vague mix of things from the Elizabethan period all the way to 1939. So about 1550 to 1939 if you really want to be technical about it. The kind of world someone would dream up after reading a British history book and then smooshing everything together.

I know, I know, the fingers are about the rustle those keys. But before you counter, ask yourself, do you remember any factories in any of these games? If the series was suppose to be an alternate 1930s, the impact of the industrial age would have been seen everywhere. Instead you see little bits from each decade.

The world is more about the idea of Europe or the UK to an outsider, than it is based on one 10 year period.

4. I'd play a Valkyria Online action RPG. They aren't going far enough with this change.

how'd that play out? Most of the combatants in this series are military. How would everyone be a roaming military member?

6. Mercenaries?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It was a vague mix of things from the Elizabethan period all the way to 1939. So about 1550 to 1939 if you really want to be technical about it. The kind of world someone would dream up after reading a British history book and then smooshing everything together.

I know, I know, the fingers are about the rustle those keys. But before you counter, ask yourself, do you remember any factories in any of these games? If the series was suppose to be an alternate 1930s, the impact of the industrial age would have been seen everywhere. Instead you see little bits from each decade.

The world is more about the idea of Europe or the UK to an outsider, than it is based on one 10 year period.
    Okay, but the devs themselves said it takes place in an alternate time period reminiscent of the 1930s (during the early years of WWII). Hell, it says as much right on VC's store page on Steam.

Mech, if they made a Valkyria Online action RPG you'd just ignore it and keep playing Destiny.

Wouldn't be the first time a dev didn't fully grasp where the art director is coming from.

Sure, the polatics are a mix of ww 1 and 2 but the art direction is a hodge podge.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 18 Nov 2015 at 08:08 AM.

Also, no aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Sure, the polatics are a mix of ww 1 and 2
    What do you get when you cross a politician and a Polak?