Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyria of the Azure Revolution (PS4)

Valkyria of the Azure Revolution (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Sega has unveiled an all-new Valkyria Chronicles in the latest issue of Famitsu, as well as announcing a remaster of the original 2008 strategy game for release on PlayStation 4 next February.

Sega's Valkyria Chronicles started on the PlayStation 3, where its wistful art style and turn-based strategy won it many fans. A sequel was launched in 2010 on the PSP, but the third title in the series never saw an official western release.

The fourth title in the series is called Valkyria of the Blue Revolution, and a demo will be included in the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster which launches on February 10th in Japan next year (thanks for the details NeoGAF). Will it see its way to the west? There's some hope given that the original Valkyria Chronicles saw a PC re-release late last year, and we've asked Sega to see if it has any plans.
    Link

I don't like the idea of publishers porting a game to PC to fund a sequel on console. I think I'll pass on this one until/unless a PC version is released. Fuck third party console exclusives, unless Sony is subsidizing it. Even if they are, they're allowing PC versions of SFV and Shenmue III.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Nov 2015 at 01:14 PM.

2. Dude, you're trying to attach logic to a company that has put this series on PS3, PSP, PC and now on PS4. They cannot make up their minds at all. And besides it won't be translated to the US anyway.

Son of a bitch. So this is like Phantasy Star and Shining Force, where Sega decides to ruin the IP through a change of sub-genre. On the up side, now I don't care if it comes to PC.

So it's a Valkyria game... minus the setting, and minus the game mechanics. It might end up being good on its own but it really feels like some businessman decided to cash-in on the name, thinking that's what matters, rather than the content.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Son of a bitch. So this is like Phantasy Star and Shining Force, where Sega decides to ruin the IP through a change of sub-genre. On the up side, now I don't care if it comes to PC.
    This would make me more likely to check it out.

I don't mind a change in gameplay. Tanks and machines can be fun in jrpgs. If done well it could be a breath of fresh air in a world if magic and magic like science jrpgs.

Not wild on it being a completely different world. The world of VC Had a charming cusp of industry feel to it that would have been fun to explore.

Though I guess it is better to do something completely new, rather than shit up the legacy of the older titles.

Also, sega do you want remaster money from me? Remaster the two portable games with the water color graphics of the first and I'll buy them. Even if 2 is even more light hearted than the first and the third has repetive maps.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    From what I read the combat will be conceptually similar, which is to say a mix of real-time and S-RPG, but that these fights will be in the context of a fleshed out RPG with towns and dungeons.

Which actually sounds pretty promising to me.

8. I really wish we could get a new front mission like 3.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    From what I read the combat will be conceptually similar, which is to say a mix of real-time and S-RPG, but that these fights will be in the context of a fleshed out RPG with towns and dungeons.

Which actually sounds pretty promising to me.
    But who cares if it isn't the same world?

This was like one of the first new japanese strat/rpg worlds to come out of japan in ages. I want to explore 1890's Noteuropa.