Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII, 3DS remakes coming to the West thanks to Nintendo

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I should play V. It's in my 3DS currently and I keep hearing fantastic shit about it.
    Just understand it isn't supposed to be pokemon. Play it like you would any other DQ and treat any monsters you happen to recruit along the way as a bonus. If you try to "catch 'em all" you'll ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I don't know if it's the game or the DS or what, but i can play this for about 15 minutes before I start getting sinus pressure and exhausted feeling. Yawning and want to fall asleep in my chair. I put it away, watch something on youtube or read some internet, and I'm fine after a few minutes. Weird.

3. This game is sooooooo loooooooonnnnggg

I'm like 30 hours in and really wish I could get back to having 4 party members again.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I know I have said this before, but I feel like DQVII is designed to be played an hour a week for five years.

5. Pretty much. The whole talk to everyone in a town until you set off an event and then talk to everyone again until you set off the next one over and over ad nauseam gets really tiring after a while.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I started V instead. It's quite nice.

7. For the love of god, don't approach it like Pokemon.

8. Play it like Pokemon

9. How about I toss the Sabercat into the ocean because it will never replace my father.

Also I don't play Pokémon to get every damn poke. I get the cool ones for cool people and beat the game.

10. Okay, good. Take that philosophy one step further, to "never go out of my way to catch anything; treat any monsters I do happen to catch along the way as a bonus" and you'll enjoy it.