Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 College Hoops

1. Why did Virginia get a #1 seed? I feel like you have to be a major conference champ to get that.

2. So LSU decided to not play in the NIT. I think that is dumb as hell.

3. So that guy's not just a terrible coach, he's an asshole too. It's not like most of those guys are going to the NBA. They should get as many reps as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Why did Virginia get a #1 seed? I feel like you have to be a major conference champ to get that.
    Because the ACC is the Notre Dame of NCAA hoops, which is ironic given that now it's literally true.

5. Duke just shot 43 free throws in their 8 point win. Their opponent shot 19.

Never change NCAA.

And that's after they got a 4 seed despite being #21 in the Pomeroy Ratings. Witchita State is an 11 despite being #9.

Here's hoping the ACC can't get anyone to the Final Four.

7. 2015-2016 College Hoops

Kentucky had an up and down year not unlike Duke, and they are also a #4 seed. Thing is, they won their tournament while Duke lost in the quarterfinals.

I was listening to Slate's HUAL and they were saying that the RPI so ludicrously overstates strength of schedule that it's better to lose to a good team than beat a bad one. Which really makes no sense. And they also take SOS into account, it's weird. Anyway Duke gets spotted a 5 seed just by virtue of being Duke and all the other teams in the ACC are automatically considered good.

8. RPI is 25% your record, 50% your opponents' and 25% their opponents'. So yeah, RPI is total sham

9. Pac 12 sucks