Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAST Racing NEO (Wii U), thankfully a new futuristic racer from the wizards at Shin'en Multimedia

1. FAST Racing NEO (Wii U), thankfully a new futuristic racer from the wizards at Shin'en Multimedia

http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

Release date: December 10th
    Price: $14.99/14.99€/10.99GBP
    Nintendo Wii U eShop

• Race anti-gravity vehicles in this lightning-fast arcade racer
    • Zoom through 16 tracks set in canyons, alpine peaks, futuristic cities and much more
    • Master the art of boosting and phase switching to stay ahead of the competition
    • Local splitscreen-multiplayer with up to 4 players
    • Online multiplayer with up to 8 players
    • Overtake the competition at super-smooth 60 frames per second in singleplayer and 2-player splitscreen
    • Unlock the HERO MODE to play with new rules and new challenges!
    A Glimpse Behind the Scenes of FAST Racing NEO - Part One
    A Glimpse Behind the Scenes of FAST Racing NEO - Part Two

Previous Wii U and 3DS titles, with free demos
    Art of Balance (Wii U)
    Nano Assault EX (3DS)
    Nano Assault NEO (Wii U)
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS)

For PS4 owners who do not own a Wii U but covet this game, get Nano Assault NEO-X to support Shin'en and help them believe there is an audience for their games on the PS4. It's a great twin-stick shooter and there's also a free demo to check out.

I know we already discussed this somewhere.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Geo
    For PS4 owners who do not own a Wii U but covet this game, get Nano Assault NEO-X to support Shin'en
    what if you think that game sucks though?

I'm going to get this but I think it might be fatally flawed in a different way than NAN

FAST Racing is flawed but this new game looks like they have learned from that title's mistakes. The major problem with the WiiWare game is the use of boost pellets to change polarity, forcing really conservative play since getting caught as the wrong polarity on the wrong section of the track brings you to a screeching halt. The videos make it appear that you can change polarity in FAST Racing NEO without expending boost, so you can boost to your heart's content without worrying about being unable to switch polarity as necessary.

5. This thing is out today! $15, 10 cars, 16 tracks, 60fps constant on 1P, up to 4 player splitscreen and online play. So far it seems reviews have been positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. I've only played the first cup so far but Fast Racing Neo is pretty awesome from its first impression. Definitely pick it up for $15 if you're a fan of futuristic racers like F-Zero.

I'm surprised this game doesn't cost more with how good it looks and how much content they packed in.

The AI is pretty tough to beat too. I struggled to win the first cup on the lowest difficulty setting.

7. This game is pretty legit. The resolution is bad though

8. Frame rate >>>>>>>>>>>> resolution

The game runs at 60 FPS 95% of the time in single player which is all that matters to me.

9. I agree with that, but it's lower res than 360 games and it is pretty distracting.

10. It's worth nothing that WipeOut HD ran at 1080p most of the time and 60fps all of the time on PS3.