Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Whats the deal with that?

I'm not saying killing is ever right, but why do these people kill people that have nothing to do with their plight?

like 911. Do you recon they killed anyone that caused their problems? Or just a bunch of people making 15 to 40 an hour, doing paperwork and making over priced coffee for people doing paperwork?
    Collective punishment. I'm trying to find the quote from Bin Laden, but the gist was that his beef was with leadership and intervention, and, though the overpriced coffee guy isn't as guilty of intervening as Bush and his cabinet, he and every American is guilty of letting Bush and his cabinet come to power.

That tends to be wishful thinking if someone hopes that will cause change ie the punished public gets tired of being punished and rises up to dispose the evil leaders that are the ultimate attracters of the punishment.

If the public felt that engaged and empowered the horrible person would never reach power in the first place. A sense of hopelessness and powerlessness is a hallmark of just about any oppressed people.

"we'll just kill the shit out of them until they take out the leader we can't get to" doesn't work.

3. "I'm gonna make every American suffer like G did" -Osama bin Laden

4. Why did he think it would work in America when it didn't in Iran?

This guy is on the right track. You need separate the moderates from the extremists. Take a behavioral approach and punish only those directly responsible, while giving incentives to the masses to do the right thing. We need to both take in and welcome the innocent while harshly punishing the perpetrators. It's same problem the cops have. They pre-judge and persecute all teens and blacks for the crimes some teens and blacks commit.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. This one is at a motorcycle shop in Wisconsin, so it should be white. http://www.wisn.com/news/police-host...-shop/36812286
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    The US has done more to fight ISIS than any of the countries this guy calls "warriors" combined. How is it that France orders a handful of airstrikes and are credited with a robust response while the US conducting thousands of airstrikes over the course of the Syrian war is a "disgraceful" one.

I'm not applauding the US for being bombier than Russia and France, but you cannot make the argument that it has done less than either of those counties.

I am on board for shaming the attackers as much as possible, though.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 05 Dec 2015 at 04:22 PM.

7. Also, microaggressions and safe spaces are the new Al Sharpton: the people talking about them the most are the people who allege to care about them the least. Conservatives talking about "trigger warnings" with air quotes sound like my nana complaining at Thanksgiving dinner that all the kids at the mall "had their Walk Mans in."

8. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. You have to admit, he's right tough. ISIS is romantic and hot...

10. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt