Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7484868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. You've convinced me.
    Sorry Mech, you're out of a job. I'm cancelling all emergency services.

The other real bad thing is that all the driving jobs would be lost; personal drivers, cab/limo drivers, truckers, ups workers....it's a lot of jobs.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Yeah. So some people will be crushed in the inevitable rise of the robots. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    The other real bad thing is that all the driving jobs would be lost; personal drivers, cab/limo drivers, truckers, ups workers....it's a lot of jobs.
    nah, insurance will probably require someone to sit in the cab

5. Automation should provide the workforce with shorter days for better pay, but capitalism says it's the opposite.
    Boo, Hiss.

It's really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Automation should provide the workforce with shorter days for better pay, but capitalism says it's the opposite.
    probably

either the driver will have to sit longer because him getting tired no longer matters, or one guy will work 16 hours watching several trucks drive via some kind of tracking

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    nah, insurance will probably require someone to sit in the cab
    Maybe for the first few years, but once the tech is perfected it'll be just the opposite - vehicles you even have the option to drive manually will be a luxury for the super-rich, on the basis of the insurance cost alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

no, I'm saying they are going to make someone sit in the cab just to watch the property

Insurance companies are probably going to require it

They won't want to pay out if your stuff goes missing and you didn't have anyone watching it

10. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt