Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 627274757677788090 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Mall game still seems good in Canada. But we seem to get out more – even Blockbuster Canada was still raking in profit after Netflix has decimated it in the US.
    Movie rental places still died here anyway. And Redbox left Canada but still exists in the US.

2. I like the fake city/village mall things. There's one about five minutes from my house and it's got a better selection of stores and groceries than any mall I've seen in this county for a couple decades, plus stuff like cooking classes and food truck meetups. It's got the closest IMAX theater in the area, and until this one went up the next closest was over an hour away. Also has one of only three bookstores I know of in the area, and one of those three is an independent shop about thirty minutes from the nearest highway on the other side of town.

Yeah, there's a ridiculous fake pageantry about them, but both of the ones up here add a good amount of real worth to the their respective areas.

3. The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

I know of one in Virginia and it's ok. I think it's ok because it has real estate so people actually live there. So for those people they do get a walkable area with services they can use. It also has offices so actual work unrelated to retail gets done.

It's nothing like a real city obviously, and it's not even like the suburbs with a defined town center that you see in the Northeast. So you get into the problem where the stuff that gets put into there are the things that maximize profit for developers rather than things that maximize usefulness for the residents.

4. I can't remember the last time I went to a mall. I buy pretty much 90% of my things from Costco. Sprinkle in some Amazon or whatever online/cheap, I don't think I will ever need to go to a mall.

I'm going to a mall fairly soon because I have to try on a jacket before I buy it online. I go once every couple years.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. You don't get to hit people because they're assholes saying assholish things. Or, rather, I guess you do. But then you get charged and you go to jail.

8. I have no problem with shitheads getting dealt with.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I just love /pol/ calling out the sweet self-fulfilling prophet.

he wears shirts/carries signs saying "you deserve rape" shaming sluts, then a teacher tells him he deserves to get beat moments before he actually gets beat with a baseball bat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 29 May 2016 at 05:26 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I have no problem with shitheads getting dealt with.
    Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 29 May 2016 at 05:38 PM.