Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 637375767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. Doc needs to deal with his invalid attachment.

2. Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Maybe a little civility would return if people feared a good ass beating?

4. I have some serious dissonance about this whole thing.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 May 2016 at 10:24 PM.

5. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

That is awesome.

7. Bought $15M of debt for $60k. That debt is basically worthless but it's still just enough to ruin peoples' lives over. Great system.

8. I was questioning that. If he bought debt for 1/2¢ on the dollar, it's written off, right? And if it's written off, how much does paying off this debt help the debtor? Will it raise their credit score? Or is it a symbolic gesture that's practically meaningless?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. At the very least, it means these people won't get harassed at home, at their job, etc. That's basically how these debt sharks do it, just harass and bother people until they give up some money.

10. I had a couple of friends who use to get phoned by them all the time. It was pretty funny watching them pretend to be each others secretary or transfer the debt shark through different incorrect "departments".
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."