Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 435355565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    The only thing is all the examples had people scarfing down bags of Doritos. Like uhh why not a bowl of broccoli and and egg?

One guy even said he blacked out and regained consciousness to find he ate the bag. Not buying that. I don't dispute the claims being made but if the body is craving sustenance why are these people going right to shitty processed foods?
    You assume that these are rational choices. This is the equivalent to saying that people who are depressed should just man up or something. These people are addicted to food. Unlike alcohol or heroin you can't stop eating.

This is why childhood obesity is such a plague on humanity. It's essentially destroying these kids before they get a chance to make their own decisions. 98% of them are fucked.

Yeah. And you set the kids ideal weight as something much heavier and from this article the body actually fights to keep it after it is set.

3. People mostly decide to get fat at the grocery store. Don't bring that shit into the house and it won't be an option.

4. This is true, but we are talking about people who have already crossed the Rubicon, so to speak.

5. I like that despite the data showing again and again that it's an addiction, people are still "lol, just don't buy it!"

For what it's worth, the entire weight loss industry has sold the idea that all fatties need to do is follow some scheme to lose the weight, and bam, you're "fixed" for life.
    But the shit is an addiction, and like drug and alcohol addictions it can be managed. But it takes continual work. The urges never fucking go away and there are triggers everywhere. And like drug and alcohol addictions, the percentage of people that don't relapse is pretty fucking small.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I like that despite the data showing again and again that it's an addiction, people are still "lol, just don't buy it!"
    That's the solution whether it's an addiction or not. I'm not sure what other options you have. It's not as though having daddy take you out to the shed and make you eat the whole case of twinkies is going to scare you straight.

8. It's the attitude behind the statement.
    I'm not an alcoholic. I can have a drink after work or not; it's not a big deal to me. So if I were to address an alcoholic as if he should have as easy a time not drinking as I do, then I'd be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    An entire city of 80,000 people could be destroyed.
    That's only like 50,000 US, right?

10. I laughed