Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: North Texas hail pounded my home and vehicles.

1. North Texas hail pounded my home and vehicles.

Just a little over 3 hours ago, our area just North of Dallas got pounded by hail up to the size of a softball. My work truck was all dented to hell, several back windows of the house were broken, my mother-in-law's (RIP) car had the read window shattered and I don't know if the shingles on the roof were severely damaged. I can't wait until summer, as this was the second hail storm in the past month.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...counties.html/

This was the 1st hail ball I picked up from my front entrance.

The car with the smashed out window is sitting right in front of my work truck. Hail balls filled the car all the way to the front dash. The company truck is a 2015 Toyota Tacoma.

I'm just glad that this window has double pane glass.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Apr 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Terrifying. Mind if I repost that hand image?

3. Go ahead!

Yeah, it was quite scary. When I saw my fence fly by the back door window, I immediately told my wife to get to the middle of the house.

Here's the baseball size hail that fell at my friends house on the other side of town.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 11 Apr 2016 at 11:21 PM.

4. That's way worse than what we got a month ago...
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That's way worse than what we got a month ago...
    The hail a month ago was pretty much falling straight to the ground, with an occasional wind gust. I knew we were in for some real trouble when the wind (60mph) started blowing it sideways.

6. Look at that fence! I'd probably be having a panic attack with all that damage.

7. My apartments were hit with a lot of car dents, but a mile away where my mother lives, car windows were completely knocked out and one had about six holes in the back glass, looked like gun shots, and that was 1.5" hail...
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. The 60 mile per hour winds pretty much turned the hail into ice bullets.

One of my friends takes his daughter to a dance class right down the street from my house. He said that there are holes in the walls and roof, and that water leaking into the building like it was a strainer.

9. holy shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. damn, the god is mad at texas again

e: hope nobody got seriously injured in that nonsense and the worst is property damage