Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. There was a stabbing at an art exhibit in Miami that people fought was performance art.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. If she's the answer, the question would be "What would happen if Dax Flame, Emo Philips, and Jenna Marbles had a baby?"

3. She's clever. Relative to most college students and such, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    >be me
    This shit is so irritating on the chan. Isn't that fucking implied?

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Female San Bernardino pledged allegiance to an ISIS leader on FB. The left is going irresponsibly disregard it
    Though I probably shouldn't have been, I was rather surprised to hear Alan Colmes follow this to the letter last night.

I also was surprised earlier in the week to hear Prager say that Trump cannot be your man if you value truthfulness.

Anyway, one "Fix America" idea I've had in my head after reading the post - something along these lines. When a child is born in wedlock, it is issued an 18-year bond of some relatively large amount ($50K, whatever). Until it reaches maturity, if either parent ever not files MFJ, otherwise separates from the other spouse, or is charged with a felony, the bond is nullified. Perhaps a Coverdell would sound more egalitarian, but that calls into question whether such an amount to be ultimately used in for-profit post-secondary schools is necessary. Still, the overriding point is that EIC has propped up child bearing for a while, now it might be wise to entice a lifetime of household stability in some fashion.

I'm done for now, sorry.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    >implying
    Boo, Hiss.

>mfw tbh fam desu senpai

7. Some real cherry-picked nonsense, but still interesting.

...then again, the quotes snagged from the Koran probably are, too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post

Though I probably shouldn't have been, I was rather surprised to hear Alan Colmes follow this to the letter last night.

I also was surprised earlier in the week to hear Prager say that Trump cannot be your man if you value truthfulness.

Anyway, one "Fix America" idea I've had in my head after reading the post - something along these lines. When a child is born in wedlock, it is issued an 18-year bond of some relatively large amount ($50K, whatever). Until it reaches maturity, if either parent ever not files MFJ, otherwise separates from the other spouse, or is charged with a felony, the bond is nullified. Perhaps a Coverdell would sound more egalitarian, but that calls into question whether such an amount to be ultimately used in for-profit post-secondary schools is necessary. Still, the overriding point is that EIC has propped up child bearing for a while, now it might be wise to entice a lifetime of household stability in some fashion.

I'm done for now, sorry.
    That's... an incredibly bad idea. Some marriages (hell, many) should end, and discouraging them from doing so (and worse, punishing the kid if they don't) is extremely counter-productive. We don't need to discourage divorce, we need to discourage the kinds of thinking that lead to marriages where divorce is the appropriate end beginning in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Some real cherry-picked nonsense, but still interesting.

...then again, the quotes snagged from the Koran probably are, too.
    Yeah, I had seen that too. People at large have this bad habit of picking out which notions they want to support and identify with and then just flailing and shouting absentmindedly in order to do so.

Those that can take a stance on something but continue to absorb and process information objectively are far from the majority. At least in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    we need to discourage the kinds of thinking that lead to marriages where divorce is the appropriate end beginning in the first place.
    So apparently a money-carrot stick isn't good enough. There's no overriding moral authority or social more to dissuade it in our society now.

Any suggestions? Mandatory pre-nups? Pass a written test to obtain a marriage license? Divorce tax? If you think what I had written was a bad idea, we can easily come up with worse ones. So how about something better, I guess.