Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7686888990919294104 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

1. The entire health care industry needs to go. Preservation of life is a waste of resources! Want to live? Don't get sick!

2. You're already sick. You just don't know it yet.

3. oh, I know it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Automation should provide the workforce with shorter days for better pay, but capitalism says it's the opposite.
    Maybe. Government and VCs have been toying with a minimum income strategy to diminish automations burden on capitalism itself. That idea is currently under development for pilot in Oakland.

The last mincome test was very positive so I hold out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Maybe for the first few years, but once the tech is perfected it'll be just the opposite - vehicles you even have the option to drive manually will be a luxury for the super-rich, on the basis of the insurance cost alone.
    Doubtful if this isn't legislated. It doesn't matter anyway. Fully automated cars are a decade+ off. There are many varieties of automation. The cars now are slated to mostly be semi-automated and driver supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Insurance companies are probably going to require it
    Insurance companies are not going to require a human be in an automated car. I'm not sure what your reasoning here is. That it's safer or ppl won't steal the car?
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Jun 2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The entire health care industry needs to go. Preservation of life is a waste of resources! Want to live? Don't get sick!
    It's certainly a huge waste of resources in its current form.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. It isn't. It's an inefficient use not a waste.

drew, master hair splitter

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    drew, master hair splitter
    In this case he's right, those do mean two very different things.

9. I don't consider any money spent on a healthcare a "waste". That language is dangerous. I believe in accessible and affordable healthcare as a small price to pay for the opportunities we have.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Jun 2016 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

there is waste though

It isn't unusual for American doctors to have completely unnecessary tests done so they can get the pay they expect for a visit

Insurance only wants to pay $10 for a $75 shot? Add some other tests on there so the nurses can get paid and the lights kept on