Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888991101 ... LastLast

Thread: The World is Shit; It's Fucking Shit

He named it Meat Shield.

edit: Oops. It's a girl. Amita Shield.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 24 Jun 2016 at 05:26 PM.

2. I like that the programmers worked the trolley problem into the programming to finally answer that debate.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How does someone from Baltimore know what a horse is?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabber

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    This obsession with preservation of all lives/sanctity of life has to stop. I'd rather it hit the pile of kids. Don't let your kids play by the road.
    You're gonna need a horse.

Speaking of Arabbers, the city charged those guys with animal cruelty and took their horses away. Then they dropped the charges, but wouldn't give the horses back.

5. Thanks, hippies.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    don't you have a kid?
    yes and something terrible could happen but we do our best to keep her safe while still teaching her independence. She is doing really well. That's my life and my struggle though. Something shitty could still happen.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. And if I were to run her over, you'd be all "well, we should have been watching her better, high five Paul!"
    I doubt that.
    Of all the crazy shit TNL Icarusfall spouts, nothing has bugged me like what you typed up there.

8. I'm here to help. Chaotic Neutral.
    Boo, Hiss.

My reaction would be predictably self-interested and I'm sure I'd be in denial and/or blame myself, but that's a lot of shit to deal with/guilt to carry. It likely wouldn't be my fault if she got hit either way. If you were in an autonomous vehicle it wouldn't be your fault either.

Overall self-driving cars will no doubt be safer no matter what the prioritizing algorithms are.

The world won't be able to sustain the population growth it's currently experiencing for too long, so it's kind of pointless to put so much effort into preserving everyone so hard when in the end we will have to go through a population reduction/limitation which will benefit elites. Hard to come off as super marketable if you go against that line of thought though. Also, lawsuits.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

I'd rather take my chances with the autonomous cars than continue having drunk and high drivers all over. I cannot imagine a really bad outcome to changing over to universally autonomous vehicles, though it is fun to drive and a lot of people would reject the idea. It would be less effective if it was half and half.

The other thing to consider is how a fully automated system would invite a disaster of epic proportions due to tampering/hacking/terrorism/war. I'm sure they would all be networked.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie