Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4)

1. I'm already overloaded with the list of must get games for later this year so that is great in my book.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Agreed. Battlefront was going to steamroll this for my time anyway.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I'm already overloaded with the list of must get games for later this year so that is great in my book.
    Yeah I'm totally in for this. I don't mind the delay at all since I have a few more titles under my belt.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

4. This game is really solid, in most ways it's better than the first, not by much though. Battle system seems better and the environments are fucking incredible. Haven't got to any kingdom building yet.

Only step back is lack of hand drawn Ghibli cutscenes, but the jump in generations means the standard cutscenes are pretty good looking regardless.

5. Shit I didn't realize this was out, thanks for the bump!

Edit: In for PC.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 25 Mar 2018 at 05:11 PM.

6. Agreed with Opaque that everything feels great in this and mostly better than the first. Battles feel much better with more options, I've actively pursued every enemy I've seen on the map for the fun and experience. Only barely scratched the surface of the kingdom building stuff but it's different and interesting so far, I'll leave it at that until I've had more time to dive in. It really does look amazing, but I expected that coming off the beauty of the first game. Story so far has been kinda meh, hasn't pulled me in like the first game but the action is what's carrying my interest at this time. Really glad they did this game right.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I've actively pursued every enemy I've seen on the map for the fun .
    My question is: do you actually have a choice? So many dungeon encounters in the first one might as well have been random battles. Enemies run at you in enclosed spaces such that they can't be avoided anyway.

I don't think I'll get this game until PS+ in 2021 because the first is one of the worst RPGs I've ever played, but I am curious about it!

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    do you actually have a choice?
    I'm early in, and already I've had lots of opportunities in the world map, and in dungeons to go around anything I didn't want to deal with. I also found one area where much higher level enemies were off secret paths, so I'm guessing they want you to pick your level of engagement and difficulty throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Yeah Hero is right, it's definitely easier to pick your fights. After posting that I went into a section where it didn't seem right to attack guys (totally could have) so I avoided everyone and got to my destination amidst tons of enemies without a battle.